Friday, November 04, 2005

Autumn Update

The entrance to our neighborhood is nearing its peak glory. I spend as much time as possible looking through my sunroof while I'm driving through there. There isn't much green left on the leaves making that tenth of a mile off Jefferson Rd a prime place to hit a pedestrian. I hit a deer there recently, but it was kind of a glancing blow. I thought the tire might be down, but my spotter assured me I didn't need to pit. People don't tend to run in the middle of the road, so I've managed to avoid any dog walkers and exercise getters.

The downside of the season (I only feel bad about hitting butterflies w/ my car) is that sickness has spread through our house. I guess Desmond brought it home from school b/c he was sick, then Izabella, then me, and finally back to Desmond (Maria has special mommy powers). Seeing Izabella sick is the worst. Her nose is all stuffed up, but she's too young to blow her nose. We have to use saline drops and a nasal aspirator. I finally went to the doctor today and he told me to try saline drops to break up my congestion. I used Izabella's drops and almost vomited. It was the most sickening taste on that area that connects your nose and throat. Really, if I could have got my stomach involved I could have puked, but I don't have that kind of America's Next Top Model control over my ENT area. Anyway, I feel even worse about Izabella's plight now, but she seems to be recovering pretty well so maybe I won't have to give her those drops again. If I do, I'll be sure to show her that daddy is taking them too and we'll commiserate over a seat lifted toilet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home