Sunday, October 16, 2005

Football Stuff

When I was at the Monday night game, Dave's dad pointed out to me that on a kickoff when the runner stops and tries to change direction he's tackled almost immediately. I started paying attention to the returns and once he stops running full speed ahead he gets tackled. W/ a punt return, however, that shifty start/stop move works out sometimes. I think it has to do w/ blocking not being picked up until the players are further downfield on a kickoff. I'd like to see what happens if the guys near the kick started blocking further upfield. I just need a practice squad to work w/.

My lone success of the betting season has been my uncanny ability to pick New England Patriots games. 6-0 on a 3-3 team. Of course, I've gone 4-2 on the 4-2 Panthers (always a winner) and 2-3 on the 3-2 Giants (always a loser). I don't know what any of that means but the Patriots are off next week, so my perfect predicting record for them will last another week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home