Friday, October 07, 2005

Gang of Four Hollow Tipped Bulletpoints

* Saw the rocking Gang of Four show at Cat's Cradle last night. I guess my favorite live songs were also my favorite studio songs (To Hell W/ Poverty and Damaged Goods). They have an great sound. It's no wonder so many bands are appropriating it.

* It has to be one of the top 2 most unlikely things I've seen on the Cat's Cradle (or any) stage. This is a band that had broken up 10 years before I'd even heard of them. Now they're touring and making new records. Wow! The other most unlikely thing was Grant Tennille playing w/ 1/2 of Polvo.

* The new Black Taj cd is coming out October 25th on Amish records. They're also playing at King's on November 26th (the Saturday after Thanksgiving) and on a date I've forgotten in Athens, OH. I'm sure the tour will include more than those 2 shows.

* I saw former dorm floor mate Mike Bradley. He had been living in New Orleans, but he was temporarily relocated to his parents house in Aiken, SC. He said he's going back to NO next week. He's working as a psychologist, so he expects to have plenty of work when he gets back. He was w/ former NW Guilford rocker Tony Konig who seems to be doing well. Matt Schofield is still in the country and as the biggest Gang of Four fan I know was available for drinks before and after the show (but not during). He was w/ a friend of his who has the enviable job of promoting New River Pale Ale. If you buy some at Harris Teeter, make sure you tell them Diablo Canyon 2 sent you. I also saw Tim Ross, but I missed out on Chris Crowson. That was the only lowlight (missing Chris, not seeing Tim).

2 Comments:

Blogger Otto Man said...

Mike "M1" Bradley is a psychologist? Does he still do the Flavor Flav impersonation?

12:57 PM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

Yes, he's going to do it in a commercial saying he's the illest psychologist in all the Big Easy.

8:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home