Saturday, July 16, 2005

Maria's Birthday

Yesterday was Maria's birthday. I managed to get her what she asked for (shoes). She had to email me a link to the shoes, but I was the one who took the 45 seconds to complete the transaction. It was a lot better than what the kids gave her (a block of cheese), and that was the present that I dreamed up all on my own. I probably had food on my mind b/c we were going to Bistro Sofia for dinner. They changed the menu on Thursday, so I had to scramble a little bit and ended up getting one of the specials, grilled grouper on a fried black bean and pineapple cake. Maria got the crabcakes and they were ridiculously good. The grouper was pretty good although the black bean and pineapple stuff was the best part. I was crushed that the dessert menu didn't have the butterscotch and vanilla pudding parfait, caramel rice Krispy treat still on it. I picked the next best thing and told them to put some ginger ale in it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Mmmmmm, smeegel likeses cheesies. Nice cheesies. Trade nasty green tomatoesies for cheesies?

yessssss

10:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home