Saturday, July 09, 2005

Take Out Saves the Day

Maria's birthday is Friday and her brother's birthday was yesterday, so her parents took us all out to eat last night at Macaroni Grill. Except things didn't work out just right. Desmond went on one of his patented tirades starting at about 4:30. Evidently, he knows a guy who will let you trade in your dad for a new dad. I'm a little skeptical, but he keeps threatening me w/ this measure. After an hour plus of screaming and yelling, we decided that I would stay home w/ him so everybody else could enjoy their meal. I made sure to point out to him that he wasn't going out to eat b/c of his behavior. Not b/c the child psychologists say to clearly identify why you are punishing the child, but b/c I am a mean m@+#$%!*&?$%. We spent some quality father son time threatening each other. I caved to his demand for orange juice. He then spilled it all over the counter and floor. I caved a 2nd time (this time I put it in the right cup), and only a little spilled on the floor after I wrestled it away from him when he said he would pour it all over the floor. Eventually, things calmed down. His problem, as usual, was that he didn't nap and was too tired to be interacting w/ other human beings. I convinced him that it was bed time at 7:00 (he can't tell time). I poured him another glass of orange juice, and it spilled all over the floor when I mishandled the handoff. I was only laughing on the inside b/c I wanted him to stay calm and go to bed, but it seemed appropriate that more oj would have to be shed before he'd get to bed. Shortly thereafter Maria came home w/ pasta milano, ceasar salad, and chocolate cake for me. I think I fell asleep at like 9:30. I suppose this is just one of the many ways you could define a "wild" Friday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home