Friday, June 17, 2005

Tiger Bear Wolf at Greene St

I made it out to the Tiger Bear Wolf show on Wednesday. Dave continues to prove what a good friend he is by going w/ me on a weeknight to see a rock show. It was the first time either one of us had been to Greene St, but it seemed very familiar when our friend Jeremy Houghton was working the bar. I hadn't seen him in a pretty long time, but as I've mentioned recently these people who used to be cool are usually still pretty cool years later. I know it works the other way too, but were those other people really all that great to begin with? Anyway, Jeremy said he has worked there since the place opened a couple of years ago, so I guess I should try to get out more. Thankfully, Tiger Bear Wolf is exposing me to places other than my living room. I took my own advice and stood front and center, and I don't know if it was the beer or the volume but I couldn't even sway to the music. I just stood there slack jawed and happy. It was a little bit different set than the last 2 shows they've played (Earth, Winner, Saving, Silver, Rats, Lens, Input, Light (and the unplayed encore from the set list is worth noting "poop comes from the butt")), but I think they get better every time I see them. Still, they need their own sound guy to get those deep vocals up in the mix. However, if the choice is good vocal interplay or turning it up to 11, they are making the right call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home