Monday, June 20, 2005

Father's Day Baseball

Maria and I had the bright idea of taking our Dads (and Moms) to the Grasshoppers game for Father's Day. I even checked out tickets online to find 8 seats behind home plate although I bought them at the stadium box office to avoid that $1 a ticket surcharge. I had a ticket for Desmond through the Kid's Club, so we had 9 tickets total. It worked out pretty good even though Maria's parents decided not to go (and thus her sister didn't go). Pete came w/ my mom and dad (Kevin had to work), and Desmond got an actual seat even though he gets in free. Sandy and Laurie hadn't been to the stadium, so they snatched up the extra tickets (oh, and I gave away Desmond's kids club ticket outside the stadium). It was a good vantage point in section 109 Row R, but you can get two tickets for section 109 row B for almost every game. Maria and I are going to leave the kids at home are get those tickets before the year is up. B/c it was Father's Day, Maria and my mom chased Desmond and I got to watch the game. I did have Izabella strapped to my chest in the Baby Bjorn, but she doesn't cause any problems as long as you feed her. Pete, Sandy, and Laurie bought me beers for getting the tickets which was good b/c I didn't have any cash. As for game highlights, I got a stern look from my dad for yelling across 5 seats to him that he would have never let us beat him in a father/son contest at a minor league baseball game like these other loser dads, but the only real hassle I had was from the security guard checking bags before you came into the stadium who took my bottle of water. Honestly, I brought it for Izabella, but maybe b/c I buried it on the bottom of the diaper bag under everything else (or maybe b/c I had a pony tail pulled through a Miller High Life hat), he took it from me. When we left, I asked if I could get my bottle of water back. He said they already threw it away. One day when this planet runs out of drinkable water, there will be a public service announcement replaying that event and a close up of me will highlight a single tear running down my cheek. I hope that guy at least drank it himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home