Monday, May 30, 2005

Ultimate Match Game

I saw a fantastic line up on Match Game today. Willie Tyler and Lester, Brett Somers, Charles Nelson Reilly in a vintage Florida State mesh hat, either Lynn or Vanessa Redgrave, McLean Stevenson, and Mrs Krabappel herself Marcia Wallace. The show itself was terrible, but all of that 1970's star power was amazing. Marcia Wallace even chastised Gene Rayburn for using a woman's name for the ugly person in the "woman's name is so ugly" portion of the question. He pointed out that he had his ERA button. Like any sassy 70's woman she pointed out that his actions needed to match his button. And like any 70's game show I think I picked up on a sexual vibe in their banter. The rich subtextures of that show never cease to amaze me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Whoa! Franklin's cousin!

5:20 PM

 
Blogger peb said...

Greatest game show ever. This post makes me want to play a couple rounds. I've got the cards with the questions on them so all I need is 6 people to come over to my house. Bring your own ventriloquist dummy.

2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home