Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day Action

I racked up big family points w/ my Memorial Day project. We lost the remote to the garage door a while back and all of my attempts to replace it have failed. It's the opener from the initial construction in 1972 and the house only came w/ one. I tried to get a replacement remote, but it is old and they figured out something in garage door opener technology b/w 1972 and now that prevented any new technology from working on this thing. Finally, I went to Lowe's and bought a replacement. My dad did all of the real work (as usual), but yesterday I managed to put the track together and it get it to the point where the old one needed to be removed. And today I had the power to that circuit turned off before he even got here. He told me I could drive the car slow in the driveway if I keep it up. Anyway, it wasn't too bad. This biggest problem was after we had it all set up, the remote would open it but not close it and the button on the wall would only close it if you held the button down the whole time (if you let it go it would go back up). It turns out we needed to have the Safe-T-Beams installed for the thing to close. Thankfully, Roy was up to the task b/c at that point the baby had finished napping and my project was walking her around the garage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home