Saturday, May 28, 2005

1100+ Miles of Racing

I didn't grow up watching NASCAR, but I've always watched the Indy 500. I'll watch a little open wheel racing throughout the year, but I make a point of watching the Indy race. NASCAR I'm hooked on so I try and watch every race. The longest race of the year is no exception. That makes for a long day of watching racing, but I've learned that the Speed Channel is showing the Formula One race live in the morning. Holy Cow! I don't think I could drink beer starting at 7:30am and keep going until 11pm or so when the 600 ends, but I'm going to try and watch as much of that as my wife and kids will let me. Although it seems reasonable that I should take a break and go to church b/w the F1 and Indy races to thank God for putting so much racing on tv. Tomorrow could be the perfect day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dan Smith said...

Izabella was nice enough to wake me up at 7:32, so we didn't miss the start of the race. It's going to be a good day.

8:24 AM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

I was wondering how an F1 car could put up w/ a vibration like Kimi Raikkonen's did and still lead the race. Finally, the suspension broke on the last lap letting Fernando Alonso get the win. For some reason nobody was singing "Fernando" to celebrate the victory (except me).

12:47 PM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

The Indy 500 was good. Danica Patrick wasn't going to win but she was leading at lap 190. She becomes another statistic at that point although the liberal media will slant it that she was the first woman to lead at lap 190 and lose. They showed her mom and she cried, and well, I cried too. I'm still trying to recover and watch NASCAR.

6:44 PM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

I picked Matt Kenseth to win. He's due. Unfortunately, Dale Jr had to wreck him in his personal quest to get the commercial ready Michael Waltrip out of DEI. 600 miles is a long time.

10:05 PM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

I was glad to see Bobby Labonte kicking his car in frustration after he missed winning by 1/4 car length. 600 miles and you miss it by less than a car length. Some guys are racing for wins and a 2nd place is as disappointing as finishing anywhere else outside #1. They kick their cars.

8:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home