Monday, August 28, 2006

Izabella's Birthday

Izabella turned 2 on Wednesday. She seemed to enjoy all of the presents, but she was a little overwhelmed by all of it. I'm planning on starting my own Toys for Tots campaign out of this house w/ all of the stuff we have for those 2 kids. She got jewelry from both sets of grandparents and I'm sure we gave her something too. I'm pretty sure the jewelry is too nice for a 2 year old. In fact unless it comes from a happy meal, any jewelry is too nice for a 2 year old (except maybe pierced earrings, but I'm pretty sure Izzy would just rip her earlobes off if she had those).

Then on Saturday we had a party for her at the house. I don't have to tell you this, but I don't like having a bunch of people over at my house (especially if they are under the age of 20) unless we are going to drink. More accurately, unless I am going to drink. Still things went pretty well. I know Pete is sitting on some pictures from the occasion, but his parole officer won't let him put pictures of underage girls on his blog anymore. The only really adventurous thing we did was putting up a pinata. As I explained to someone later that night, letting one little kid swing a bat while a dozen others wait for candy to fall out of what they are swatting at is a little nerve racking. Thank goodness for microscopic parental waivers included in each invitation that absolved us of any liability. That's the best thing Hallmark ever did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home