Saturday, January 29, 2005

Eat my blog

For some reason, 2 posts I tried to add last week wouldn't post. I blame society. Let me summarize. The Mike Webster articles on ESPN are a good read. I'm sure everyone reading this lived in Pennsylvania for all 4 of the Steelers Super Bowl wins like me, so it should be just as compelling for you. I stumbled upon the college athletics federal reporting web site. It's pretty interesting. Real numbers to back up the disparities b/w football and everything else. Even the Carolina football team generates more revenue than the basketball team. Wow! Now the football team spends 3 times as much as the hoopsters, but you see why the big football schools need that extra home game against The Citadel.

2 Comments:

Blogger peb said...

Correction: I don't believe we moved to Pennsylvania until the summer of '75 which meant that you did not live in the state during the first Pittsburgh Super Bowl victory on Jan. 12,1975.

9:18 PM

 
Blogger Dan Smith said...

At least you didn't correct the fact that I already posted the NCAA link. I stand corrected about when I lived in PA. I assure you I never thought any of you would find out the truth.

4:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home