Sunday, September 04, 2005

Modified Race Car Racing

I went to the first ever race under the lights at Martinsville Speedway last night. I've been to qualifying and practice there, but this was the first race I've been to. I forgot my pack of ear plugs, so my ears are still ringing. The smell of burning gasoline was pretty pungent, but we were sitting close to a concession stand that counteracted it w/ the smell of burning hamburgers. I didn't even know what a modified car was until last night, and I sure didn't know who any of the drivers were. None of that mattered once they started racing. I still don't know any of the drivers, but I would go back for pretty much any race they put on at the track. You can see the whole track from most of the seats. That's a big benefit over some of these tracks where you have to wait for the action to come to you. Even though there were probably a third of the people they have for the big NASCAR races, I still wouldn't want to drive up there. I guess if I sit around watching other people drive at a track watching someone else drive home seems like a logical extension of that (thanks to Dave and Richard for making that possible).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home