Tuesday, September 13, 2005

2nd tomato

I'm sure only Laurie remembers my first tomato story but I finally ate my 2nd tomato from my plants today. Tomato growing expert Matt McClain told me it was deer that were eating the unripe tomatoes on my plants (then he sent me off w/ a couple of yellow beauties and a PBR). That made sense when I saw some deer out in the yard a few weeks ago (don't they migrate during the summer? isn't there a hunting season they should be attending somewhere?). Still, there was one lone tomato that managed to flourish in the jungle known as my back yard. Today I salted that bad boy down and savored the last fresh tomato I'll eat for probably 9ish months. That's good eating. Although if I think about it too much I'll probably start crying.

2 Comments:

Blogger peb said...

I don't know this "Tomato growing expert Matt McClain". I know a "Abandoned House Construction Material Scavenger Matt McClain" and a "Aggressive Whiskey Drinker Matt McClain". But this other Matt McClain is foreign to me.

11:08 PM

 
Blogger Laurie said...

Well, I still think that they were the minions of Gollum.

I mean, seriously. Do we live in Greensboro? An urban area? You with the deer and me with the raccoons and possums?

9:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home