Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Early Voting

I voted today, October 19th. It's a good idea b/c I wasn't going to change my mind. I looked at a sample ballot this weekend. The Judicial Voter Guide came last week, and I had to further examine the candidates for the most important elected office for which my vote might actually matter. Unfortunately, it only lists the statewide candidates, and if I apply my "vote might actually matter" logic then the district court judge contests are even more important. When I googled the candidates names, I went to the first result for the first judge on the ballot (Linda L Falls). When I saw it was democrat leaning, I thought this could be the site for me to find the right wing activist judges to avoid putting in office. When I saw it was a gay, lesbian, transgender PAC, I knew it was the site for me. Unfortuantely, they didn't have a candidate for every contest. W/ further research, I found an equally useful tool. They managed to get me through the 18th District Court Judge races. The other stuff (president, senator, house of representatives, commissioner of deeds) was pretty easy to decide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home