Thursday, August 12, 2004

Watch Out Pete Smith!

I have a blog now too. I'll be sure to include my incoherent ramblings from late at night as well as my belligerent early evening ramblings.

The baby will be here soon. Maria is having contractions, but they are not at regular intervals. I'm hoping it will be tomorrow, so he or she's birthday will be 8-13. Desmond is 9-13, and I'm 11-13. I know a guy who can doctor Maria's birth certificate, so hers can be 10-13 (it currently is 7-15 if you are curious) then we'll be a real family.

Let's get down to serious business. I've read Pete Smith's blog, and it is better than the other sports talk sites/shows that I spend hours and hours of my time on. I'm going to steal his blogitude just like I've been stealing his persona for the last umpteen years. The current nonsense (can I say bullshit on here? I hope so b/c the asterisk key on my keyboard is broken and I need my swears) that the Giants didn't overpay for Eli Manning is ridiculous. The Giants are going to stink this year and will give next year's 1st round pick to SD. The Chargers and Rivers aren't close on a contract. So what? They have a history of not getting players to camp on time. Rivers isn't going to start the 1st game of the season. That footage of Rivers in a Chargers uniform throwing a football that I've seen on ESPN isn't digitally altered. He's been in the mini camps learning the playbook. They will get a deal done before the preseason is over. He'll get his chance. If Eli Manning has a better career than Philip Rivers, it won't be b/c he got to training camp earlier. The Chargers will have a chance to draft an offensive lineman next year high in the draft and still get an impact playmaker w/ their own high pick. While of the 72,000 Giants fans at the Meadowlands who say they could block better than insert Giants lineman name here only 70,000 will be full of Jersey bluster and the other 2,000 will be right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home